• This phase expanded the basin to include basin compartments south and west of the Phase 1 compartment.
• Construction began in November 2016 and was substantially complete in 2019.
• Harris County Commissioners Court awarded a $15.78 million construction contract to James Construction Group LLC for Phase 2 of the basin project.
• The project continued the partnership between Harris County Flood Control District and Galveston County.
• This phase included excavation of the basin compartment northeast of Beamer Ditch/Mud Gully.
• Construction began in late September 2014 and was complete in 2018.
• Harris County Commissioners Court awarded an approximately $3.46 million construction contract to low bidder Trans-Global Solutions Inc.
• The project was a partnership between the Harris County Flood Control District and Galveston County. Galveston County pledged up to $10 million of total basin construction costs.
• Construction costs for Phase 1 were shared equally by the Flood Control District and Galveston County.