Projects & Studies
Z100-00-00-X294 - White Oak Bayou and Addicks Reservoir Watersheds
Z100-00-00-X294 is a collection of major maintenance projects that will repair various types of channel failures along 15 sites within the White Oak Bayou and Addicks Reservoir watersheds. Portions of the identified channels are considered to be in serious failure and these repairs are necessary to prevent further impact to the channels.
In order to restore channel conveyance capacity to its original design, excavation may widen some channel sections beyond their current condition.
White Oak Bayou Watershed Repairs
- E100-00-00-X140 - consists of erosion repair, removal and disposal of sediment accumulations, granular fill and riprap installation, beginning at Wortham Boulevard and ending approximately 200 linear feet downstream.
- E112-00-00-X014 - is located approximately 800 linear feet upstream of North Eldridge Parkway and access is via Kilkenny Glenn Drive. Work includes the excavation and investigation of the existing box culvert joints.
- E132-00-00-X006 - consists of a 50 linear foot slope failure repair, using a toe scour repair that includes 2/3 channel lining with riprap due to the very steep existing slopes that need to be matched in this area. The channel is located west and parallel of Beck and Masten Road Site is approximately 1,900 linear feet north of FM 1960 on E132-00-00.
- E115-00-00-X049 - consists of overbank erosion repair, removal and disposal of sediment accumulations as necessary, backslope interceptor with backslope swales, granular fill and riprap installation, beginning approximately 100 linear feet upstream of the Goodrum Road ROW, and ending approximately 600 linear feet downstream of the Goodrum Road ROW.
- E141-00-00-X025 - consists of sinkhole repair, and manhole repair as necessary, located just south of Windfern Forest Drive and west of the E141-00-00 channel.
- E141-00-00-X026 - is located at the end of Wolfe Road. The existing backslope interceptor pipe and structure will be removed and replaced. Existing slope paving above the pipe will also be removed and replaced to the nearest concrete joints.
Addicks Reservoir Watershed Repairs
- U100-00-00-X050 - consists of erosion and slope failure repair, removal and disposal of sediment accumulations, granular fill and riprap installation, pipe removal and replacement, and the addition of backslope drainage. Work is from Fair Grange Lane to approximately 75 linear feet downstream of Autumn Hills Drive for a total distance of approximately 7,900 linear feet of channel.
- U106-00-00-X050 - consists of erosion and slope failure repair, removal and disposal of sediment accumulations, granular fill and riprap installation, pipe removal and replacement, beginning at Trailside Drive and ending approximately 50 linear feet upstream of FM 529 for approximately 4,000 linear feet.
- U106-13-00-X013 - consists of erosion repair, removal and replacement of concrete slope paving, granular fill and riprap installation, pipe removal and replacement, beginning at Tuckerton Road and ending approximately 400 linear feet downstream of Tuckerton.
- U106-09-00-X020 - is divided into two (2) site locations as follows;
- Erosion repair, disposal of sediment accumulations as necessary, repair of slope pavement, granular fill and riprap installation, beginning approximately 600 linear feet downstream of Tuckerton Road and ending at West Road.
- Repair of voids along existing concrete low flow channel lining at and upstream of Willow River Drive, and channel slope restoration in an area where repair of a backslope drain.
- U106-02-00-X001 - is divided into two (2) locations as follows:
- Site 1 - At the Addicks Reservoir Boundary and Horsepen Bayou MUD WWTP. This work consists of erosion repair, granular fill and riprap installation, beginning approximately 250 linear feet downstream of Bryant Pond Drive and ending approximately 350 linear feet downstream of Bryant Pond Drive.
- Site 2 – This work includes filling low areas in the maintenance berm of the channel as noted on the drawings. Repair work is approximately 300 linear feet upstream of Concord Bridge Drive.
- U106-07-00-X015 - consists of erosion repair, removal and disposal of sediment accumulations as necessary, granular fill and riprap installation, pipe removal and replacement, beginning at U106 confluence and ending approximately 700 linear feet.
- U106-12-00-X009 - consists of removal and replacement of concrete slope paving, and 24” CMP pipe removal and replacement, located approximately 500 linear feet upstream of the U106-00-00 confluence.
- U106-10-00-X006 - consists of a sink hole repair, pipe removal and replacement at the Harris County MUD #196 WWTP effluent outfall to U106-10-00.
- U120-00-00-X021 - consists of a sinkhole repair and the repair of voids under existing concrete slope paving with flowable fill at all four corners where the top of concrete meets the existing retaining wall at the intersection of U120-00-00 at Fry Road.
The total cost for these channel repairs is expected to be approximately $5.2M and will be funded using grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service and Federal Emergency Management Agency.
There will be heavy machinery near project sites and substantial vegetation removal operations may be needed in order to properly prepare the site for construction. For public safety reasons, trail users can expect intermittent closures as the projects progress. Please pay attention to posted signage in the project areas.
Construction has already begun at some of the project sites, but anticipated completion for all sites is Summer 2020 depending on weather.