With light to moderate rainfall gradually coming to an end early Friday morning, Harris County's bayous, creeks and tributaries are continuing to respond to the runoff from overnight storms.
Rainfall amounts averaging 3-6 inches resulted in overbank flooding and near bankfull conditions across Harris County. Several bayous are still near the top of banks, while Armand Bayou, Clear Creek, Little Cypress Creek, Hunting Bayou, San Jacinto River and Upper Spring Creek are over their banks. An update on bayous and creeks that Flood Control District officials are watching closely are as follows (as of 5:30 a.m.):
Out of banks:
- Armand Bayou at Genoa-Red Bluff Road
- Clear Creek at Pearland Parkway
- Little Cypress Creek at Becker Road
- Hunting Bayou at I-10
- San Jacinto River at US-59
- Upper Spring Creek at Hegar Road
- Armand Bayou at Pasadena Lake (NASA Road 1)
- Cedar Bayou at US-90
- Clear Creek at SH-288, Mykawa Road and FM-2351
- Garners Bayou at Beltway 8
- Greens Bayou at US-59
- Lake Houston at FM 1960
- Little White Oak Bayou at Tidwell Road
- Hunting Bayou at Lockwood Drive
- Langham Creek at Clay Road
- San Jacinto River at US-90
- South Mayde at Greenhouse Road
- Tributary of Greens Bayou at Aldine Westfield Road
- Turkey Creek at FM 1959
- Willow Spring Bayou at Fairmont Parkway
All other Harris County bayous and creeks are responding and remain within banks.
Rainfall and bayou water levels can be monitored on the Harris County Regional Flood Warning System website (desktop and mobile versions) at: harriscountyfws.org. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter @HCFCD for updates.
ABOUT THE HARRIS COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT
The Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) provides flood damage reduction projects that work, with appropriate regard for community and natural values. With more than 1,500 bayous and creeks totaling approximately 2,500 miles in length, the Flood Control District accomplishes its mission by devising flood damage reduction plans, implementing the plans and maintaining the infrastructure.