The Harris County Flood Control District would like to provide the following construction update on Mud Gully (Beamer Ditch) Project ID A120-00-00-C003:
• The Harris County Flood Control District has worked through the required legal process that began when the construction contractor’s lack of progress forced the Flood Control District to declare the Mud Gully project abandoned and the contractor surrendered the right to remain in possession and control of the work.
• On December 13, 2022, as part of an agreement with the contractor’s surety, Rebel Contractors, Inc. was selected as the construction company to complete the project.
• The construction contract was submitted and approved by Harris County Commissioners Court on January 10, 2023.
• Next, the Flood Control District will give Rebel Contractors, Inc. the notice to proceed, and then their mobilization efforts should begin in February.
• Construction is expected to begin in spring 2023.
• The construction contract allows for approximately 16 months.
Please visit www.hcfcd.org/Mud-Gully for project updates; or to leave a question or comment, click the “Submit A Comment” button located under the Project Description section.